Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday in Waitakere


Yesterday, Heidi and I spent some of our relaxing Sunday afternoon to document our home while here in New Zealand! Here I am walking up the front walk, with some of their cool plants, although that big bush is unfortunately covering up two Ponga trees (refer back to my post on a pukeko in a ponga tree)! The plants here are so cool and the whole place is so green right now. Our room is just on the other side of those windows to my left! The windows in the whole house are open 24/7 to let a breeze in, which makes for a lot of flies (but, can't complain) but it is funny cause we can hear people talking in other parts of the house through the windows all the time! For example, those windows straight in front of me lead to the "lounge" aka family room, so every night we can hear the shows and chatter going on, or loud toys playing during the day. No juicy gossip so far, but I'm keeping my ears open, as well as my mouth shut.

This is the view at the back of their backyard (hence, the fence), isn't it beautiful! I could sit back there all day, and I would except there is nowhere to sit but the ground, and I have issues sitting in grass because I feel like bugs crawl all over me. There is a bench, but it sits just a little too close to the beehives for me (they have bees, its tight, we eat lots of honey...from the store though, I don't know what that's all about), so until I get a chair back there, I'll just have to paint a picture and enjoy my picture from indoors, or maybe the deck if I want the added breeze for effect. We (meaning Heidi, Jess, Christine, and myself) are planning to try and walk down to the water from here, cause Kerry (the dad around here) says it can't be done, but how hard can it be?? Yeah so what if there is an overgrown forest to go through and a cliff to scale? I just don't want to get stuck down there cause when Kerry comes to rescue us he'll hate us cause we were stupid. PS sighted: ponga tree! That first one just on the other side of the fence, short little guy

Here I am with pretty flowers! For those of you who don't know me (get off my blog, find a less-creepy hobbie, how about piano lessons?) I am a flower girl, maybe more so than the typical girl, so this place has been heaven! Heidi and I were just hanging our laundry out to dry (old school, I know, so fun! maybe I'll put a picture up of the hanging things, that would be so interesting for you all to look at...) and we found these flowers just out by the drying thing! I think they should be showcased in a higher-traffic area, but I guess they have so many of them that they're really not all that exciting to the locals. There are even 4 or 5 different colors of these! Love it!

Sorry, not the most exciting blog but I had so much homework tonight and will again tomorrow so I just wanted to get something up, more to come in a couple days :)

2 comments:

  1. love this blog! can't get enough of it! love you girl! -kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I'm so glad I can stalk you even when you're on the other side of the world! But of course it's the good kind of cousin stalking, not the creepy kind :)
    Hope you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete